Town Council Meeting: December 2, 2020
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 7:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus and consistent with State of California Executive Order N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this Town Council meeting will be held via tele- and videoconference only. There will be no in-person physical meeting location.
The public will be able to participate in the meeting by any of the following options:
- Cable TV Comcast Channel 27 and AT&T Channel 99
- On Zoom: Webinar ID 817 3023 1723 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81730231723.
To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Call-in option: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider. These comments become part of the meeting record.
7:00 PM – CALL REGULAR MEETING TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Town Hall offices closed December 24th through January 3rd, reopening on January 4th, 202.
The Fairfax Craft Faire has gone virtual for 2020, with new and returning local vendors. Shop now, and support our local artists. Hope to be back in the Pavilion in 2021!
Virtual Holiday wreathmaking December 13 at 2pm on Zoom. Visit www.townoffairfax.org for details.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications and information are available on the Town website, or by contacting the Town Clerk Michele Gardner, email@example.com. .
- Climate Action Committee up to 3 vacancies
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
- Measure F Oversight Committee: 2 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council’s vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote.
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in November –Town Clerk
- Approve minutes for the Town Council meetings of May 15 and 27, 2020, August 12 and 19, 2020, and the Fairfax Financing Authority meeting on August 19, 2020 –Town Clerk
- Ratify appointment of Lieutenant Rico Tabaranza as the Interim Police Chief – Town Manager
- Proclamation in Honor of Police Chief Morin – Councilmember Coler
- Adopt a Resolution Reciting the Fact of the General Election held on November 3, 2020, Declaring the Result and such other Matters as Provided by Law – Town Clerk
- Proclamation in Honor of Councilmember John Reed – Mayor Goddard
- Administer the Oath of Office to Newly Elected Officials –Town Clerk
- Reorganization of the Town Council: Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor –Town Clerk
- Adopt a resolution approving a future application for California Per Capita Grant funds – Town Manager
Attachment A – Resolution
- Approve Amendment #3 to Agreement with Fredric C. Divine Architects (FCDA) in an amount not to exceed $40,000 for additional design and structural engineering services required for the Pavilion Seismic Retrofit project– Town Manager
Attachment A – Amendment
Attachment B – Scope
- Approve response to 2019–2020 Marin County Civil Grand Jury Report entitled The Gun Next Door: Firearm Safety in Marin County – Police Lieutenant
Attachment A – Proposed Response
Attachment B – Grand Jury Report
- Receive report on the status of Residential Rental Assistance Program to assist extremely low-income renters whose household incomes were adversely affected by COVID-19 and who are at risk of homelessness – Town Manager
- Discuss concept of forming a Community Emergency/Disaster Preparedness Committee – Town Manager
- Approve response to 2019–2020 Marin County Civil Grand Jury Report entitled Climate Change: How Will Marin Adapt? – Town Manager
Attachment A – Proposed Response
Attachment B – Grand Jury Report
Attachment to Supplement -CAC Response
- Provide direction to staff regarding the closure of the lower portion of Mono Alley and reopening the Mono Parking Lot from Wednesday thru Sunday – Town Manager
- This item is continued to the December 16, 2020, Town Council Meeting.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner, Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Gail Koffman and Jack Stewart
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.