- Add to calendar 2021-12-01 19:00:00 2021-12-01 19:00:00 America/Los_Angeles Town Council Meeting: December 1, 2021
REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 7:00 pm
Preceded by a Special Meeting at 6:40 pm to Conduct Interview at 6:40 pm
Preceded by a Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Due to the declared State of Emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the public by limiting human contact that could spread the COVID-19 virus, and pursuant to AB 361 and Fairfax Town Council Resolution, this meeting will be held via teleconference only.
There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in the 6:40 and 7:00 meetings as follows:
- Watch on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
- Watch on TV Comcast Channel 27 or AT&T Channel 99
- Watch/speak on Zoom: Webinar ID 843 2191 2116 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84321912116
- To speak during the Public Comment time, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Listen/speak by phone: +1(669) 900-9128 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 346 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn.
- Prior to the meeting, you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider, up to 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting. All emails will be included in the meeting record.
Special Meeting in Closed Session at 5:00 pm
5:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL– APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
PUBLIC COMMENT ON CLOSED SESSION ONLY. Public comment will be received on the closed session matter listed below before the Council adjourns to the closed session. To comment, please use one of the following options:
- Watch/speak on Zoom: Webinar ID 815 4571 4212 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81545714212
- To speak, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- Listen/speak by phone: +1(669) 900-9128 or +1 346 248-7799 and use Webinar ID above. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak press *9 and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- Prior to the meeting, you may email written comments to the Town Clerk for the Town Council to read and consider. All emails will be included in the meeting record.
ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION ON THE FOLLOWING MATTER:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957
Title: Town Manager
Special Meeting at 6:40 PM
6:40 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
INTERVIEWs AND APPOINTMENTS
- Interview applicant Geoffrey Bolt and consider his appointment to the Open Space Committee – Town Clerk
Regular Meeting at 7:00 PM
7:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
REPORT OUT ON CLOSED SESSIONS: November 18 and 23, 2021, and December 1, 2021
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Holiday Craft Faire/Wreathmaking, Saturday, December 11th from 11-5 at the Pavilion
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available on the Town website, or by contacting Town Clerk Michele Gardner at email@example.com.
- Community Emergency Preparedness Committee: NEW committee! Seats available for community members, CERTs, NRG members, and FireWise members
- Climate Action Committee: up to 4 vacancies
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Board: 2 vacancies
- Open Space Committee: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:00-10:00am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org to subscribe.
Regular Agenda- 7:05
- Reorganization of the Town Council: Selection of Mayor and Vice Mayor – Town Clerk Michele Gardner
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION- 7:25
This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2).
CONSENT CALENDAR – 7:55
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar.
- Receive Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports October 2021 – Finance Director Michael Vivrette
- Approve minutes for the Town Council meetings of September 22 (joint meeting with the Planning Commission) and October 6, 2021 – Town Clerk Michele Gardner
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in November – Town Clerk Michele Gardner
- Adoption of a Resolution Making Findings and Determinations under AB 361 for the Continuation of Virtual Meetings – Town Clerk Michele Gardner
- Modify the Public Works Director Salary Range to bring it in line with the Public Works Directors’ Salaries of similar sized Towns in Marin County and Adopt a Resolution Amending the Annual Salary Schedule for Fiscal Year 2021-22 – Interim Town Manager Adam Politzer
- Receive Capital Projects Update – Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Notices of Completion for Three Urgent Projects: Upper Bay Road Pavement; Broadway Underground Storm Drain Repairs, and Paving of a 300-Foot Segment of Oak Road– Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman
- Adopt a Resolution Authorizing a Professional Services Agreement with Pavement Engineering, Inc. for Paving Project Design – Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Notice Inviting Bids for 145 Canyon Roadway Repair – Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman
- Adopt Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Notice Inviting Bids for the Trail Improvements Project – Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman
PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:05
- Adoption of a Resolution Amending the General Plan to Replace the Terms “Community Character” and “Neighborhood Character” with more Specific Descriptions of the Intended Meaning of those Phrases – Planning Director Ben Berto (30 minutes)
- This item is continued to January 19, 2022.
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner Linda Neal, Town Attorney Janet Coleson
REGULAR AGENDA - 8:35
- Second reading by title only and adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 8.08 Relating to Solid Waste, Recyclables and Organic Waste to Implement Senate Bill 1383 Regulations. Exempt from CEQA because it does not constitute a project under CEQA pursuant to Guideline 15378(b)(5) – Interim Director of Public Works Jonathon Goldman (30 minutes)
- Adopt Urgency Ordinance Establishing Regulations for the Land Division and Development of qualified Senate Bill 9 (SB 9) properties – Planning Director Ben Berto, Town Attorney Janet Coleson (1 hour)
- Appoint new Town Manager and approve employment agreement – Interim Town Manager Adam Politzer (30 minutes)
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees, and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Larry Serpa
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.