Town Council Meeting: August 7, 2019
7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Preceded by a Special Meeting to Conduct Interviews at 6:30 pm
6:30 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting to Conduct Interviews
- Interview and Appointment of applicant Chris Lang to the Climate Action Committee – Deputy Town Clerk
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SPECIAL MEETING ACTION
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies.
- Open Space Committee: 2 vacancies
- Tree Committee: 1 vacancy
- Volunteer Board: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers needed.
Chipper Days 2019: August 3 and 10. Please check website for details about location and pick up service.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION: To address the Council on matters not on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Depending on the number of speakers, individuals have 2 to 3 minutes to speak; 4 to 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports June 2019 – Finance Director
- Approve minutes for the July 17, 2019 Town Council meeting – Deputy Town Clerk
- Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities in July – Deputy Town Clerk
- Adoption of a resolution setting the Living Wage pursuant to the annual review requirements of Section 8.56.020 of the Town Code – Deputy Town Clerk
- Approve response to Marin Civil Grand Jury Report: School Resource Officers Revisited – Police Chief, Town Manager
- Approve Amendment No. 7 to the master agreement with California Infrastructure Consultancy (CIC) to increase the contract amount by $105,572 for additional services to redesign the retaining wall for Meadow Way bridge– Town Manager
- Authorize Town Manager to contract for Meadow Way Bridge interim repairs in an amount not to exceed $35,000. – Town Manager
- Approve formation of reconstituted oversight committee for Measure J (special municipal tax) –Town Manager
- Adopt a Resolution in Support of Senator Feinstein’s bill S.2012 overruling FCC ruling regarding wireless telecommunication facilities (5G)– Mayor Coler
- Receive FY17-18 audit report – Finance Director
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to consolidate Titles 19 & 20 (“Telecommunications”) of the Fairfax Town Code into a revised Title 19 which establishes uniform and comprehensive regulations for wireless telecommunication facilities (e.g., 5-G) within the Town on private property and within the Town’s public rights-of-way; CEQA exempt Section 15060(c)(2), Section 15378, Section 15061(b)(3), Section15305, and Section 15303 – Town Manager
Supplemental Item to Attachment B
- Receive report on fire inspections, chipper days 2019, and goat vegetation management efforts – Town Manager
- Appoint Council member Ackerman as the Fairfax alternate to the TAM board to replace Vice-Mayor Goddard – Vice Mayor Goddard, Deputy Town Clerk
- Approve contract with Maggiora & Ghilotti to repair a certain portion of Bolinas Road (approx. location north of Deer Park Villa) in an amount not to exceed $26,000 –Town Manager
- Approve preliminary plans for the full Seismic Retrofit of the Pavilion and commit to providing the matching grant requirement of 25% ($626,977) to secure the 75% ($1,880,930) grant from FEMA for the estimated total project costs of $2,507,907 – Town Manager
- Receive Treasurers report as of June 30, 2019 – Town Treasurer
- Endorse “Amazon Reuse Boxes” initiative on behalf of the residents of Fairfax –Mayor Coler
- Introduce by title only two ordinances: 1) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 17.110 and Repealing Article III (“Medical Marijuana Cultivation”) of Chapter 17.138, to Adopt Zoning Standards and Restrictions for Commercial Cannabis Uses and Cannabis Cultivation for Personal Use; and 2) An Ordinance Amending Chapter 5.56 to Regulate Commercial Cannabis Businesses within the Town of Fairfax; CEQA exempt pursuant to State CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) and Business and Professions Code Section 26055(h) – Planning Director (Please note: Public comment at the meeting will be limited to 2 minutes per person and 4 minutes per group on this item.)
- Introduce and read by title only an ordinance to establish time limits for incomplete applications and project entitlement approvals by Adding Sections 17.020.130, (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Design Review, 17.032.100 (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Conditional Use Permits, 17.040.100 (‘Incomplete Discretionary Permit Applications’), and 17.040.110 (‘Permit Time Limits And Extensions’) and Amending Sections 17.028.090 (‘Lapse; Renewal; Term’) for Variances and 17.060.090 (‘Time Limits; Extensions’) for Ridgeline Development, and Consolidating and Revising Sections 17.072.140 And 17.072.150 (‘Expiration’ and ‘Extension’) for the Hill Area Residential Development Overlay Zone;” CEQA exempt per CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15061(b)(3), and 15305.. – Planning Director
- Introduce and read by title an Ordinance Amending Chapter 8.44 of the Fairfax Municipal Code, Title 8, Entitled “Clean Indoor and Outdoor Air and Health Protection – Smoking Regulations” to prohibit the sale of menthol-favored tobacco products; CEQA Categorical Exemption, CEQA Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2), 15060(c)(3)– Town Manager
- Discuss the Residents’ Petition submitted per Town Code, for Town to sue Resources for Community Development for breach of contract– Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In Memory of Dolores Helen (Ghiringhelli) Forni and Rita Vanni
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the public counter at Town Hall in a folder next to the agenda packet. Such documents are also available on the Town’s Web site at “townoffairfax.org” subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Meetings may be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.