7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
SPECIAL MEETING, Fairfax Town Hall, 142 Bolinas Road, Fairfax
5:30 PM – Call to order – Public comment – Adjourn to closed session on the following matters:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code §54956.9(d)(1)
Anderson v. Town of Fairfax, et al., Marin Superior Court No. CIV 1601605
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code §549569(d)(1).
Encompass Insurance Company a/s/o Melanie Peratis v. Town of Fairfax, et al., Marin Superior Court No. CIV1700070
SPECIAL MEETING TO CONDUCT INTERVIEWS, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
6:30 PM – Call to order the Special Meeting – ROLL CALL
INTERVIEWS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Interview and Appointment of applicant to the Fairfax Parks and Recreation Commission (PARC) – Town Clerk
- Interview and Appointment of applicant to the Fairfax Open Space Committee (FOSC) – Town Clerk
REGULAR MEETING, Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax
7:00 PM – Call to order the Regular Meeting – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CLOSED SESSION ACTION AND SPECIAL MEETING ACTION
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: 2 on PARC, 2 on Volunteer Board, 3 on Open Space Committee; 1 onGeneral Plan Implementation Committee. Applications are available at Town Hall and on Town website. Contact Town Clerk for information.
Annual Spring Egg Hunt in Bolinas Park, followed by music, face painting, and entertainment, for children ages 8 and below, Sat., April 15 at 10 am, sponsored by PARC and the Recreation Dept.
Fairfax Food Pantry, Saturday mornings from 9-11, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., volunteers needed.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION – If you wish to address the Council on matters not listed on the agenda, please approach the podium and state your name and address (optional). Individuals have 3 minutes to speak; 5 minutes if representing a group. The Council is not permitted to take action and strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
Certificate of Appreciation for Larry Lauter for Power Lane improvements
- Accept Financial Statement and Disbursement Reports February 2017 – Finance Director
- Approval of minutes for the January and February 2017 Town Council meetings – Town Clerk
- Accept Marin Sanitary Service 2016 Annual Report – Town Clerk
- Approval of Town Council Goals for 2017 – Town Manager
- Approval of Planning Commission recommendations regarding short-term rentals – Town Manager
- Approve a Memorandum of Understanding with the Marin County Open Space District consenting to the construction of two bridges in the Elliott Nature Preserve within Cascade Canyon Open Space Preserve – Town Manager
- Adoption of a Resolution designating Town Manager as the Town’s agent for purposes of obtaining certain federal and state financial assistance (i.e., FEMA and Cal OES) – Town Manager
- Accept report on Town’s position of non-enforcement of immigration laws – Town Manager
- Accept Planning Commission’s appointment of Commissioner Norma Fragoso as the Town representative to the Sunnyside Neighborhood Committee formed by the County of Marin – Town Manager
- Receive report on the status of the code enforcement action at 177 Canyon Road – Town Manager
- Award contract for construction of Class I Bike Lane from Glen Drive to White Hill Middle School’s athletic field (Lefty Gomez) along Sir Francis Drake Boulevard to complete the Fairfax Bicycle Spine Project – Town Manager
- Adoption of a Resolution in support of delaying the appointment of any nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court – Mayor Reed
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
- Appeal of Planning Commission conditions of approval for a Use Permit to allow live music performances outdoors on a covered patio and in the rear yard area of an existing commercial establishment, Peri’s Bar, 29 Broadway; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301. – Town Manager, Principal Planner
- Discuss local regulatory options for nonmedical marijuana – Town Manager
- Discuss/consider options for compliance with SB 415 to hold local elections in even-numbered years – Town Manager
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.