7:00 pm Fairfax Women's Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
ADJOURNED REGULAR FAIRFAX TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, April 15, 2020, at 7:00 pm
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 30
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Order directing residents to shelter at home, this Town Council meeting will be held via videoconference only. All Councilmembers will be teleconferencing into the meeting, and Consistent with State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20, to protect public health while still maintaining transparency and public access, the Town will not offer an in-person physical meeting location for the public. The public will be able to view the meeting on television and online as usual and participate in the meeting by teleconference and email.
Members of the public may join or watch the meeting live using any of the following options:
- Cable TV Channel 27 and Channel 30
- Via Zoom: Meeting ID 975-1643-0879
- Call-in option: *67 (669) 900-9128 Meeting ID 975-1643-0879
Members of the public may provide public comment remotely during the meeting by:
- Using the Public Comment form directly below the live stream meeting on the on the town website.
- Emailing email@example.com with the AGENDA ITEM # in the subject line.
Note: Comments received by email or web form prior to the close of the public comment period for an item will be read into the record, subject to the same 3-minute time limit as in-person spoken comments. Therefore, please limit it 500 characters. Comments received after the agenda item is heard but before the close of the meeting will be included as a part of the record of the meeting but will not be read aloud. Comments will be read verbatim, so please introduce yourself.
- If using Zoom select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
7:00 PM – Call to order the Adjourned Regular Meeting
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Vacancies on Boards and Commissions: Applications are available at Town Hall and on the Town website. For more information contact the Town Clerk or visit www.townoffairfax.org.
- Planning Commission: 1 vacancy
- Parks and Recreation Commission: 1 vacancy
- Climate Action Committee has up to 3 vacancies
Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 8:30-10:30am, Fairfax Community Church, 2398 SFD Blvd., volunteers welcome.
To receive Town agendas, newsletters, and updates by email, visit www.townoffairfax.org and subscribe.
OPEN TIME FOR PUBLIC EXPRESSION:
Please refer to the instructions above on how to submit your comment at this virtual meeting. This is the time to address the Council on matters not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to 3 minutes, groups to 5 minutes, subject to the Mayor’s discretion. The Council is not permitted to take action and state law strictly limits the right of the Council to discuss any unagendized item unless it can be demonstrated to be of an emergency nature or the need to take immediate action arose after the posting of the agenda. (Gov. Code §54954.2)
Please refer to the instructions above on how to submit your comment at this virtual meeting. The opportunity for public comment on consent calendar items will occur prior to the Town Council's vote on the Consent Calendar. The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action. In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member, for separate discussion and vote.
1. Approve the minutes for the March 4, 2020 Regular Town Council meeting –Town Clerk
2. Authorize the Mayor to write a letter to our state representatives requesting the State “back-fill” the temporary reduction of sales tax revenue to municipalities caused by the Governor’s small business sales tax deferral program –Town Manager
3. Receive written report on Councilmembers’ assignments, committees, and activities from March 5 to April 15, 2020 –Town Clerk
4. Second notice and Adoption of a Resolution Approving a Side Letter to Amend the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fairfax Police Officers’ Association (POA) for the period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021 –Town Manager
5. Adopt a Resolution Approving the List of Projects Funded by SB 1: The Road Repair and Accountability Act for Fiscal Year 2020-21 –Town Manager
6. Receive Marin Sanitary Service Annual Report for Calendar Year 2019 –Town Manager
7. Adopt a Proclamation in Celebration of Fair Housing Month – Mayor Goddard
8. Receive report from a Climate Action Committee (CAC) Subcommittee regarding the exploration of a solar battery back-up system at the Pavilion and microgrid concept –Vice Mayor Ackerman
9. Authorize Mayor to send Support letter for Emergency Funding Proposal put forth by the Resource Recovery Coalition of California, which will provide immediate financial relief to our solid waste essential service providers such as Marin Sanitary Services (MSS) during this State of Emergency –Town Manager
10. Approve Amendment #2 to Agreement with Fredric C. Divine Architects (FCDA) for additional design, engineering, and historical preservation services required for the Pavilion Seismic Retrofit project –Town Manager
11.This item has been continued to the May 6, 2020 Town Council Meeting
80 Crest Road: Appeal of a Planning Commission denial of a Height Variance for an unpermitted Ground Floor Level that would result in the height of the residential structure being approximately 50 feet; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-152-32; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Verle and Marene Sorgen, appellants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(1). – Principal Planner
12. This item has been continued to the May 6, 2020 Town Council meeting.
Adopt resolutions adopting the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Final Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (MMRP) for the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project and approving the proposed Meadow Way Bridge Replacement Project –Town Manager
13. Discuss/consider preparation of a ”baseline” budget for the Town’s FY20-21 Operating and Capital Improvement Budget due to the unknown fiscal impacts of COVID-19 –Town Manager
14. Receive report on Town communication efforts during COVID-19 and the impact of COVID-19 on Town operations – Town Manager
15. Adopt a Resolution Authorizing the Marin General Services Authority (MGSA) to Collect Franchise and PEG Access Fees from Cable Television Providers and to Exercise All Powers and Functions Associated with the Digital Infrastructure and Video Competition Act; and Introduce and Read by Title only an Ordinance to Terminate the Marin Telecommunications Agency (MTA) by Repealing Chapter 13.12 “Telecommunications” of the Town Code. Exempt from CEQA per CEQA Guidelines Section 15378(b)(5) and Section 15061(b)(3). – Town Manager
16. Appoint a Town Councilmember to the Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority Board of Directors –Town Manager
COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMENTS (Brief announcements and reports on Councilmember assignments, committees and activities, including reports from meetings attended at Town expense.)
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In memory of Marcia Hagan and Leo “Buggie” Quijano
and Denise Larsen
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk’s office prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff report and related materials the items on this Agenda are available for public inspection on the Town’s Web site at www.townoffairfax.org.
Meetings are be broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.