6:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Wednesday, October 18, 2023 | 6:00 p.m.
Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road
Zoom Webinar ID 880 3100 1183
|PUBLIC PARTICIPATION NOTICEThis meeting will be held in person and on Zoom. It will be broadcast on Channels 27 and 99 and livestreamed on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/ and https://www.cmcm.tv/27.
How to Participate in the meeting in-person
How to participate remotely
Before 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting you may email written comments to the Town Council to read and consider before the meeting. All emails are part of the meeting record.
Special Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Hybrid meeting at the Fairfax Women’s Club and via Zoom
6:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Fairfax Town Council acknowledges that we are located on the un-ceded ancestral lands of the Coast Miwok people of present-day Marin County. We honor with gratitude the land itself, and all of its ancestors: past, present, and emerging.
The Mayor shall maintain order at the meetings. The Council and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motives of council members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility. Please turn off all cellular phones or place in silent mode.
The Town Council will review the agenda at 10:00 P.M. to ascertain which items, if any, will be continued to another meeting. Any matter not started by 11:30 P.M. will be continued to an adjourned or regular council meeting unless the Council votes to suspend this rule.
Interview and Appointment
- Interview Theodore Catrini and consider his appointment to the Open Space Committee – Christine Foster, Deputy Town Clerk
2. Introduce by title only an Ordinance Amending Title 17 (Zoning) of the Fairfax Municipal Code to Add the Following New Chapters: Chapter 17.010 (Rules of Measurement), Chapter 17.026 (Ministerial Approvals for Qualifying Housing Developments), Chapter 17.027 (Procedures For Sb 330 Applications for Housing Developments), and Chapter 17.050 (Affordable Housing Density Bonus) and to Update the Following Chapters: Chapter 17.006 (Definitions), Chapter 17.020 (Design Review Regulations), Chapter 17.024 (Required Permits), Chapter 17.032 (Use Permits), Chapter 17.040 (General Zone Regulations), Chapter 17.044 (Exceptions and Modifications), Chapter 17.048 (Residential Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units), Chapter 17.052 (Off-Street Parking and Loading Requirements), Chapter 17.056 (Traffic Impact Permit), Chapters 17.076 To 17.090 And 17.116 Related to Residential Zones, Chapter 17.136 (Floor Area), Chapter 17.138 (Regulations Applying In Multiple Zoning Districts), and Chapter 15.02 (Construction Codes) to Implement the General Plan Housing Element and Determining the Ordinance to be Exempt From CEQA – Planning & Building Services Director Jeff Beiswenger
3. Receive a status update on the Town of Fairfax 2023-31 Housing Element Update – Planning & Building Services Director Jeff Beiswenger, Planning Consultants Dyett & Bhatia
The Council may approve the entire consent calendar with one action (vote). In the alternative, items on the Consent Calendar may be removed by any Town Council or staff member for separate discussion and vote. Public comment for items on the Consent Calendar happens all at once, rather than after each individual item. During the public comment period on Consent items, speakers may comment on any items from this section of the agenda. Each speaker will have up to two minutes and may only speak once.
4. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the Temporary Closure of Dominga and Napa Avenues following the 2023 Halloween Parade on October 31, 2023 – Deputy Town Clerk Christine Foster
5. Receive proposal letter from Marin Open Space Trust regarding Wall Property and Mayor Cutrano’s reply to said letter – Town Manager Heather Abrams
In memory of Terry Wayne Scott
If any of the matters described above is challenged in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at any public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to, this Council meeting.
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to disability, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting: (415) 453-1584 or email@example.com.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection www.townoffairfax.org.
Meetings are broadcast, recorded, and uploaded to the Town’s website.
This hearing notice was posted in accordance with Government Code section 54954.2(a)(1) on or before October 13, 2023.