7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
Planning Commission Meeting
Public Hearing Agenda
7:00 p.m., Thursday, September 14, 2023
|ADVISORY NOTICEThis meeting will be held in-person at the Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road, Fairfax, and, consistent with AB 361 during the declared order of emergency, the 7pm meeting is also being held virtually on Zoom. It will be broadcast on Channels 27 and 99, and livestreamed on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-/ or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
How to participate in the meeting virtually
Before 2:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting you may e-mail written comments to the Planning Commission at email@example.com. Comments will be provided to the Commission prior to the meeting and will become part of the meeting record but will not be read out loud.
7:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER
ROLL CALL (Commissioner Newton will participate via teleconferencing from 16 Ledge Rd. #72, Blue Hill, Maine, 04614)
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings.
The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
This is a special meeting and there will be no open time for public expression for items not listed on this agenda. The public will be able to speak to each of the scheduled agenda items below.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit their presentation to three minutes: (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State their view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, directly, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org later than 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting to be entered into the record.
There are no items on the consent calendar.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
1. Discussion/consideration for recommendation to the Town Council of the following: A resolution of the Fairfax Planning Commission recommending the Town Council adopt an ordinance concerning inclusionary housing requirements, approve a resolution adopting affordable housing in-lieu fees and commercial/non-residential linkage fees in the master schedule; and approve a resolution adopting affordable housing requirements and program regulations.
2. Discussion/consideration for recommendation to the Town Council the following: A resolution of the Fairfax Planning Commission recommending the Town Council adopt an ordinance amending the Fairfax Municipal Code to add or amend the following chapters to implement the General Plan Housing Element:
- Add Chapter 17.010 (Rules of Measurement);
- Add Chapter 17.026 (Ministerial Approvals for Qualifying Housing Developments);
- Add Chapter 17.027 (Procedures for SB 330 Application for Housing Developments);
- Add Chapter 17.050 (Affordable Housing Density Bonus);
- Amend Chapter 17.006 (Definitions);
- Amend Chapter 17.020 (Design Review Regulations);
- Amend Chapter 17.024 (Required Permits);
- Amend Chapter 17.032 (Use Permits);
- Amend Chapter 17.040 (General Zone Regulations);
- Amend Chapter 17.044 (Exceptions and Modifications);
- Amend Chapter 17.048 (Residential and Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling);
- Amend Chapter 17.052 (Off-Street Parking and Loading Requirements);
- Amend Chapter 17.056 (Traffic Impact Permit);
- Amend Chapter 17.076 to 17.090 and 17.116 (Related to Residential Zones);
- Amend Chapter 17.138 (Regulations Applying in Multiple Zone Districts), and
- Amend Chapter 15.04 (Construction Codes)
Environmental Review: Adoption of the above Ordinances do not constitute “projects” within the meaning of the California Environmental Quality Act of 1970 (CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15060(c)(2) and 15061(b)(3). The proposed fees are considered statutorily exempt per CEQA Guidelines § 15378(b)(4). The municipal code updates are further statutorily exempt per CEQA Guidelines section 15378(a)(1).
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the Town’s website at www.townoffairfax.org subject to the staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.