Racial Equity and Social Justice Committee Meeting: March 4, 2021
RACIAL EQUITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE (RESJ)
Thursday, March 4, 2021, from 7:00 pm to approximately 9:30 p.m.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with the State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this public meeting will be held via videoconference only. There will not be an in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to view and participate in the meeting by teleconference.
Members of the public may participate in the meeting live as follows:
On Zoom: Meeting ID: 813 2930 5958 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81329305958 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81329305958
● To speak during the public comment period, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
● By telephone: (669) 900-9128 and enter the Meeting ID above when prompted. To speak during the public comment period, press *9 and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
7:00 pm– Call to Order the Regular Meeting
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
1. Conduct the meeting of the Racial Equity and Social Justice (“RESJ”) Committee to discuss/consider the following general topics (order and time approximate) and take action as appropriate:
A. Opening (10 minutes)
• Land Acknowledgement
• Assign Meeting Roles
B. RESJ Reflection on Norms and Moving Forward (40 min)
• Revisit purpose and operationalizing of norms
• Facilitator reflections from last meeting
• How can we move forward together creating a safe space for engaging in and learning about racial equity work?
C. Subcommittee Reports (20 minutes)
• Policing Subcommittee
• Ad-Hoc Mission and Vision Subcommittee
• Community Education Subcommittee
• Policy Subcommitte
D. Budget Discussion (20 min) (Garrett/Bruce)
• Current RESJ budget update
• Parameters of the budget funding for RESJ
• Action Item: Consider funding attendance for Robin DiAngelo, White Fragility: Why It’s so Hard for White People to Talk about Racism (March 20th)
• Action Item: Consider funding Government Alliance on Racial Equity
E. Renaming of Sir Francis Drake (5 min)
• Share background of renaming of Sir Francis Drake (SFD) Blvd (Bruce/Stephanie)
F. Public Comment: Items on the Agenda
(Note: The RESJ will take public comment on action items before voting on the items.)
G. Public Comment: Items not on the Agenda
H. Next Meeting (15 minutes)
• Next Steps Review
• Items for Next Meeting
• Process Observation Report Out
• Closing comments
Open Time for Items not on the Agenda
Affidavit of Posting
I, Garrett Toy, Town Manager of the Town of Fairfax, County of Marin, State of California, do hereby certify that I posted a copy of this Agenda at three public places in the Town of Fairfax, to wit: 1) Bulletin Board, Town Hall Offices; 2) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Post Office, and 3) Bulletin Board, Fairfax Women’s Club and that each of said postings was completed on ________________.