RACIAL EQUITY AND SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE (RESJ)
Thursday, April 1, 2021, from 7:00 pm to approximately 9:30 p.m.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ADVISORY NOTICE
Consistent with the State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20 and the Marin County Public Health Officer’s Orders, this public meeting will be held via videoconference only. There will not be an in-person physical meeting location. The public will be able to view and participate in the meeting by teleconference.
Members of the public may participate in the meeting live as follows:
● On Zoom: Meeting ID: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85430019212
● To speak during the public comment period, select the Raise Hand icon and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
● By telephone: (669) 900-9128 and enter the Meeting ID above when prompted. To speak during the public comment period, press *9 and you will be added to the queue, and unmuted when it is your turn.
7:00 pm– Call to Order the Regular Meeting
APPROVAL OF AGENDA AND AFFIDAVIT OF POSTING
1. Conduct the meeting of the Racial Equity and Social Justice (“RESJ”) Committee to discuss/consider the following general topics (order and time approximate) and take action as appropriate:
A. Opening (5 minutes)
• Land Acknowledgement
• Assign Meeting Roles
B. Transition of Youth to Adult RESJ Membership (5 min)
• Report out of city attorney guidance regarding youth membership
• Discuss making Sophia non-youth member
• Action Item: Consider Sophia from youth to adult member
C. RESJ Reflection on Norms and Moving Forward (25 min)
• Reflections from last meeting
• Revisit purpose and facilitator recommendations to align RESJ to purpose
• Opportunities for relationship building and learning
D. RESJ Chair (25 min) (RESJ member request)
• Discuss changing RESJ chair(s) to a non-white RESJ member(s)
• Action Item: Consider election of new RESJ chair(s)
E. Budget Preview (20 min) (Bruce)
• Current RESJ budget update
• Parameters of the budget funding for RESJ
F. Subcommittee Reports (40 minutes/5 min report out and 5 min Q&A)
• Policing Subcommittee
• Ad-Hoc Mission and Vision Subcommittee
• Community Education Subcommittee
• Policy Subcommittee
G. Police Chief Selection Community Panel (20 min) (Bruce)
• TC report out on the interview process for police Chief selection.
• Action Item: Consider appointing one RESJ member and one PPPSA member for Chief selection meeting.
• Next Steps Review
• Items for Next Meeting
• Process Observation Report Out
H. Public Comment: Items on the Agenda (Note: The RESJ will take public comment on action items before voting on the items.)
I. Public Comment: Items not on the Agenda
J. Next Meeting (15 minutes)
Open Time for Items not on the Agenda