TOWN OF FAIRFAX
THE PLANNING COMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2021
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
Due to the declared State o Emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the public by limiting human contact that could spread the COVID-19 virus, and pursuant to AB 361 and Fairfax Town Council Resolution No. 21-40, this meeting will be held via teleconference only. There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in the meeting in real time as follows:
- https://cmcm.tv (https://cmcm.tv/27)
- Zoom: click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84270521962
Zoom telephone call in: 1 669 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 842 7052 1962
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time to raise your hand and *6 to be unmuted to speak.
Prior to 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, members of the public may submit written comments to the Planning Commission. If comments are received after the circulation of the Commission meeting packet, but prior to the meeting, they will be sent to the Planning Commission and will be part of the meeting record but will not be read aloud.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail or in person via Zoom in the manner described above. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
There are no items on the consent calendar.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
- 95 Chester Ave.; Application # 21-21
Request for a Preferential Parking Permit and an Excavation Permit to create two parking spaces parallel to Chester Avenue by constructing an 84 foot long, 6-foot, 6-inch, tall, retaining wall; APN # 001-191-09; Residential RD 5.5-7 Zone; Michele Acosta and Helen Strodl, applicants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(e). (Principal Planner Neal)
- 390 Cascade Dr.; Application # 21-23
Request for modification of previously approved Conditional Use Permit, Combined Side-Yard Setback Variance and Design Review Permit for the expansion/remodel of the existing single-family residence. Modifications to the approved project include replacing the approved roof with a new roof that would be no higher than ten inches above the existing roof with extended eaves varying in length from 15 to 34 inches greater than the existing eaves, a front porch addition and replacement of exterior vinyl siding with stucco and cedar siding; APN # 003-101-33; Residential Single-family RS 6 Zone; Joey and Stacie Shepp, applicants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(e)(2)(A). (Assistant Planner Spencer)
General Plan Amendment
3. General Plan Safety Element discussion and recommendations on topics including potential changes to the text, policies, programs, and graphics; development of new wildfire safety programs with various groups and agencies, flood protection, geological and seismic safety, community preparedness, and compliance with SB 379 (2015) to address climate adaptation and resiliency.
4. Equity Related Text Amendments: Discussion/consideration of a Resolution recommending to the Town Council that it amend the General Plan to include equity related text amendments specifically replacing the word "Character" with non-substantive but more specific descriptions of the intended meaning of the word throughout the 2010-2030 Fairfax General Plan; CEQA exempt: The wording clarifications are exempt from CEQA because they will not change the context and purpose of the Fairfax General Plan, only the text.
- Minutes from the October 21, 2021, Commission meeting.
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
- Status update: November 20 Housing Element workshop, SB 9 ordinance
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.