Planning Commission Meeting: March 24, 2022
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
THE PLANNING COMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY MARCH 24, 2022
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
Due to the declared State o Emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the public by limiting human contact that could spread the COVID-19 virus, and pursuant to AB 361 and Fairfax Town Council Resolution No. 21-40, this meeting will be held via teleconference only. There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in the meeting in real time as follows:
- https://cmcm.tv (https://cmcm.tv/27)
- Zoom: click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84270521962
Zoom telephone call in: 1 669 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 842 7052 1962
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time to raise your hand and *6 to be unmuted to speak.
Prior to 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, members of the public may submit written comments to the Planning Commission. If comments are received after the circulation of the Commission meeting packet, but prior to the meeting, they will be sent to the Planning Commission and will be part of the meeting record but will not be read aloud.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail or in person via Zoom in the manner described above. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
- Senate Bill 9-Related Ordinance; Consideration of an Ordinance amending Fairfax Town Code by adding Chapter 16.22 Urban Lot Splits and Chapter 17.049 Two Unit Projects. This Ordinance is statutorily exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”) as an action by a city or county implementing the provisions of Government Code sections 66411.7, and 65852.21. This item is being continued to the April 28, 2022, Planning Commission meeting.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
- 114 Forrest Avenue; Application # 2022-04
Request for a Preferential Parking Permit, Tree Removal Permit and Front Setback and Minimum and Combined Side-yard Setback Variances to construct two parking spaces and relocate the front entry stairs for an existing 3-bedroom, single-family residence that currently has no parking within the Forrest Avenue right-of-way; APN # 002-191-17; Residential Single-family RS 6 Zone; Seth and Kelly Arentsen, applicants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(e).
- Short Term Rental Ordinance; Consideration of an Ordinance amending the Town Zoning Ordinance to include short-term rental units as permitted accessory uses in the single-family residential zones, including minimum parking requirements for short-term rentals and a definition of what constitutes a short-term rental. This item is categorically exempt, per CEQA § 15301(a).
- 7 Forrest Terrace; Application # 2022-05
Request for a Preferential Parking Permit, Tree Removal Permit and Minimum Front-yard setback, Combined Front-Rear Yard Setback, Minimum and Combined Side-Yard Setback Variances to construct one parking space, install an inclined lift and reorient a small portion of the front access stairway for an existing 3-bedroom single-family residence that currently has no parking; APN # 002-141-23; Residential Single-family RS 6 Zone; Stewart Summers, applicant/architect; Nathalie Worthington, owner; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(e).
- Minutes from the February 24, 2022 meeting.
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
There will be no Planning Director’s Report
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS
Staff reports: Staff reports, and associated materials will be available for public review on the Town website at www.townoffairfax.org the Saturday before the meeting.
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the Town’s website at “townoffairfax.org” subject to the staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.