TOWN OF FAIRFAX
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY JUNE 23, 2022
This meeting will be held in-person and, consistent with AB 361 during the declared order of emergency, the 7pm meeting is also being held virtually on Zoom. It will be broadcast on Channels 27 and 99, and livestreamed on https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/) or https://www.cmcm.tv/27
How to participate in the meeting in-person:
- Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended for attendees.
- All attendees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated.
- Attendees will be limited to 50 percent of room capacity (no more than 96 persons) and all in-person attendees should socially distance as recommended by public health authorities. If the Chambers are 50% occupied, please participate on-line instead.
How to participate in the meeting virtually.
- Join the Zoom webinar and us the "raise hand" feature to provide verbal public comment.
- On Zoom: Webinar ID: 833 2108 0294 or join https://us02web.zoom.us/j/833 2108 0294
- By telephone: 1 (669) 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799 and use Webinar ID above. If you receive a busy signal, call +1 (346) 248-7799. (Press *67 before dialing to hide your phone number.) To speak during the public comment time press *9 and you will be added to the queue and unmuted when it is your turn to speak.
Before 3:00 pm on the day of the meeting you may e-mail written comments to the Planning Commission. Comments will be provided to the Commission prior to the meeting and will become part of the meeting record but will not be read out loud.
7:00 PM – CALL TO ORDER-ROLL CALL
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail or in person via Zoom in the manner described above. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
There are no items on the consent calendar.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
- 769 "B" Center Blvd.; Application # 22-11
Request for a Design Review Permit and Sign Permit to install an Automatic Teller Machine; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-131-14; Highway Commercial CH Zone; Jake Elliott, Project Architect for Bank of America, applicant; Rich Hall, property owner; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301.
2. Minutes from the special May 19, 2022 and regular May 26, 2022, meetings.
Staff reports: Staff reports, and associated materials will be available for public review on the Town website at www.townoffairfax.org the Saturday before the meeting.
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the Town’s website at "townoffairfax.org" subject to the staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.
The Final Agenda will be posted on the Friday evening before the hearing at the Fairfax Post Office, the Women’s Club and Town Hall. Items shown on this notice may be taken out of order so all interested parties should be at the meeting at 7:00 PM.