Planning Commission Meeting: July 16, 2020
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
THE PLANNING COMMISSION PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA and
PLANNING COMMISSION/ OPEN SPACE COMMITTEE SPECIAL MEETING
7:00 PM, THURSDAY JULY 16, 2020
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
https://townoffairfax.org/watch-live/ (https://townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/) Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
All Town of Fairfax public meetings will be conducted using teleconferencing or other electronic means consistent with State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N- 29-20 to protect public health while still maintaining transparency and public access, the Town will not offer an in-person physical meeting location for the public. The public will be able to view the meeting on television and online as usual and participate in the meeting by teleconference and e-mail
Members of the public may join or watch the meeting live using any of the following options:
- https://cmcm.tv (https://cmcm.tv/27)
- Zoom: click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84270521962 Zoom telephone call in: 1 669 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 842 7052 1962
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- Using the public comment form directly below the live stream meeting on the town website.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the agenda item # in the subject line. Comments received by email or web form prior to the close of the public comment period for an item will be read into the record, subject to the same 3 minute time limit as in-person spoken comments, which is approximately 400 words. Comments received after the agenda item is heard but before the close of the meeting will be included as part of the record of the meeting but will not be read aloud. Comments will be read
- On Zoom, select the Raise Your Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn to
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn to
Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the Chair calls for such comments.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may submit written comments to the Planning Commission. These comments will be a part of the meeting record, but they will not be read out load at the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER ROLL CALL MEETING PROTOCOL
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail in the manner described above.
Please state the matter on which you wish to speak. Matters not appearing on the Commission’s agenda will not receive action at this meeting but may be referred to staff for a future meeting. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair. Persons are not required to give their name or address, but it is helpful for speakers to state their name for the record and whether or not they are a Fairfax Resident in order that the Secretary may identify them.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
There are no consent items on the agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS
- Proclamation in honor of outgoing Commissioner Laura Kehrlein
- Administer Oath of Office to newly appointed Planning Commissioner Shelley Clark
7:15 PM: PLANNING COMMISSION RECESS, TO RECONVENE AS A JOINT SPECIAL MEETING OF THE FAIRFAX OPEN SPACE COMMITTEE AND PLANNING COMMISSION
JOINT SPECIAL MEETING OF THE FAIRFAX PLANNING COMMISSION AND THE FAIRFAX OPEN SPACE COMMITTEE
7:15 PM: CALL TO ORDER ROLL CALL
- Presentation of background history of Zoning Ordinance and 1974 General Plan Visual Resources Map No. 9 and 2010-2030 Fairfax General Plan Map of Visual Resources, information and programs referenced in this regard in those documents.
8:15 PM: ADJOURN JOINT SPECIAL MEETING OF THE OPEN SPACE COMMITTEE AND PLANNING COMMISSION
8:15 PM: RECONVENE THE JULY 16, 2020 REGULAR MEETING OF THE FAIRFAX PLANNINGCOMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
1. Consideration of digitized/georeferenced version of the Zoning Chapter 17.060 Ridgeline Development Visual Resources Map 9 (Planning Director Berto)
2. 572 Cascade Drive; Application # 20-4
(Continued from 5/21/20 PC meeting) Consideration of a request for a Hill Area Residential Development, Design Review, Tree Removal, Encroachment and Excavation permits for an amended project to construct a 3,262 square-foot (includes 603 square-foot garage) single-family residence; Assessor’s Parcel No. 003-022-20; RS-6 Single-family Residential Zone; Richard Rushton, Architect; George Pederson, owner; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(a). (Principal Planner Neal)
3. 1573 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard; Application # 20-5
(Continued from 6/18/20 PC meeting) Consideration of a request for a Conditional Use Permit for an outdoorseating area adjacent to an existing restaurant; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-213-10; Highway Commercial CH Zone; Lori and Brian Bruckner, applicants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(a) and 15303(e). (Principal Planner Neal)
4. 131 Canyon Road; Application # 20-7
Request for a Hill Area Residential Development, Design Review, Tree Removal, Excavation, Encroachment permits and a Retaining Wall Height Variance to construct a 1,230 square-foot, 2 bedroom, 1 ½ bathroom,single-family residence with an attached 1 car carport; Assessor’s Parcel No. 003-032-16; RS-6 Single-family Residential Zone; Vlad and Paula Iojica, applicants/owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(a).(Principal Planner Neal)
5. Minutes from the June 18th, 2020 Planning Commission
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS ADJOURNMENT
Staff reports: Staff reports and associated materials will be available for public review on the Town website at www.townoffairfax.org the Saturday before the meeting.
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the Town’s website at “townoffairfax.org” subject to the staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting. Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.
The Final Agenda will be posted on the Friday evening before the hearing at the
Fairfax Post Office, the Women’s Club and Town Hall. Items shown on this notice may be taken out of order so all interested parties should be at the meeting at 7:00 PM.