TOWN OF FAIRFAX
THE PLANNING COMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY JANUARY 21, 2021
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
All Town of Fairfax public meetings will be conducted using teleconferencing or other electronic means consistent with State of California Executive Order Nos. N-25-20 and N-29-20 to protect public health while still maintaining transparency and public access, the Town will not offer an in-person physical meeting location for the public. The public will be able to view the meeting on television and online as usual and participate in the meeting by teleconference and e-mail
Members of the public may join or watch the meeting live using any of the following options:
- https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live/ (https://www.townoffairfax.org/watch-live-2/)
- https://cmcm.tv (https://cmcm.tv/27)
- Zoom: click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84270521962
Zoom telephone call in: 1 669 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 842 7052 1962
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- Using the Public Comment form directly below the live stream meeting on the on the town website.
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time to raise your hand and *6 to be unmuted to speak.
Prior to the meeting, as always, members of the public may submit written comments to the Planning Commission. If comments are received after the circulation of the Commission meeting packet, but prior to the start of the meeting, they will be sent to the Planning Commission and will be part of the meeting record. If comments are received after the start of the meeting, they will be part of the meeting record. Public comments will not be read out aloud by staff at the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail or in person via Zoom in the manner described above. Please state the matter on which you wish to speak. Matters not appearing on the Commission’s agenda will not receive action at this meeting but may be referred to staff for a future meeting. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair. Persons are not required to give their name or address, but it is helpful for speakers to state their name for the record and whether or not they are a Fairfax Resident in order that the Secretary may identify them.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
There are no consent items on the agenda.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
- Georeferenced Version of the 1974 Visual Resources Map; Discussion/Consideration for acceptance of a georeferenced version of 1974 Visual Resources Map, with its designated Ridgline Scenic Corridor, to be used as the basis for determining which parcels lie inside or outside the Ridgeline Scenic Corridor (Director Berto)
- 48-52 Bolinas Road; Application # 21-01
Request for a Design Review Permit to remove the existing shingled mansard style roof and replace/repair front façade of existing commercial building; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-115-15; Central Commercial CC Zone; Leyla Hilmi, applicant/architect; Peter and Norma Lydon, owners; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301(a). (Principal Planner Neal)
- Housing Element Update Work Program Discussion
Discussion of a draft work program on the General Plan Housing Element Update planning for future housing development consistent with State mandates, for the next planning period of 2022-2030.
- Review Commission draft work program and priorities for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2021 and for upcoming Fiscal Year 2022
- Discussion/consideration of holding two Planning Commission meeting per month due to upcoming work program and expected planning application workload for the upcoming year.
- Minutes from the December 17, 2020 Planning Commission meeting.
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS
Staff reports: Staff reports and associated materials will be available for public review on the Town website at www.townoffairfax.org the Saturday before the meeting.
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection on the Town’s website at "townoffairfax.org" subject to the staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.
The Final Agenda will be posted on the Friday evening before the hearing at the Fairfax Post Office, the Women’s Club and Town Hall. Items shown on this notice may be taken out of order so all interested parties should be at the meeting at 7:00 PM.