Planning Commission Meeting: January 20, 2022
TOWN OF FAIRFAX
THE PLANNING COMMISSION
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY JANUARY 20, 2022
VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
Cable TV Channels 27 and 99
Due to the declared State o Emergency and to ensure the health and safety of the public by limiting human contact that could spread the COVID-19 virus, and pursuant to AB 361 and Fairfax Town Council Resolution No. 21-40, this meeting will be held via teleconference only. There will be no in-person meeting location. The public can participate in the meeting in real time as follows:
- https://cmcm.tv (https://cmcm.tv/27)
- Zoom: click on the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84270521962
Zoom telephone call in: 1 669 900 6833 or 1 346 248 7799
Webinar ID: 842 7052 1962
Members of the public may provide public comment during the meeting using ONE of the following options:
- On Zoom, select the Raise Hand function during the public comment time and you will be unmuted when it is your turn.
- If you are calling in, press *9 during the public comment time to raise your hand and *6 to be unmuted to speak.
Prior to 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, members of the public may submit written comments to the Planning Commission. If comments are received after the circulation of the Commission meeting packet, but prior to the meeting, they will be sent to the Planning Commission and will be part of the meeting record but will not be read aloud.
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, must do so by e-mail or in person via Zoom in the manner described above. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair.
Conduct: All interested persons are invited to participate in public hearings. In order to give all interested persons an opportunity to be heard and to ensure the presentation of all points of view, members of the audience should: (1) Limit presentation to three minutes; (2) Provide their comments by e-mail as described above; (3) State view and concerns succinctly; and (4) Submit any new documents to the Planning Staff, first, via e-mail to be entered into the record.
There are no items on the consent calendar.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
- 79 Wood Lane; Continued consideration of a request for Hill Area Residential Development, Excavation, Design Review and Tree Removal Permits and Combined Side-Yard Setback, Parking (to park in a required side yard setback) and Retaining Wall Height Variances to construct a 2,210 sq. ft., 23 ft. 2 in. tall, 3-bedroom, 3 1/2-bathroom, single-family residence and a detached 400 sq. ft., 2-car garage with an attached 500 sq. ft. studio, accessory dwelling unit; APN # 002-062-03; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone; Laura Kehrlein, Frederic C. Divine Associates, applicant; Coby Friedman, Owner; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15303(a).
- 765 A Center Blvd.; Request for a determination from the Planning Commission whether or not the proposed combination restaurant/brewery pub business, “West Country Pub Fairfax, CA. Henhouse”, constitutes a Formula Business and requires the approval of a Formula Business Conditional Use Permit from the Planning Commission; APN # 002-131-14; Highway Commercial CH Zone District; Collin McDonnell, CEO of Henhouse Brewing, applicant; Rich Hall, Fairfax Center Properties LLC, owner; CEQA categorically exempt § 15301(a).
- 765 A Center Blvd.; this item will only be heard if the Planning Commission determines that the proposed restaurant/brewpub business described above constitutes a Formula Business in accordance with Town Code 17.040, Article II, Formula Businesses and Restaurants in Zones Allowing Commercial Uses.
Request for a Formula Business Conditional Use Permit to operate a combination restaurant/brew pub in the same location as the Iron Springs Restaurant and Brew Pub; APN # 002-131-14; Highway Commercial CH Zone District; Collin McDonnell, CEO of Henhouse Brewing, applicant; Rich Hall, Fairfax Center Properties LLC, owner; CEQA categorically exempt § 15301(a).
- Senate Bill 9-related Ordinance Review and make recommendations to the Town Council on a non-urgency ordinance regulating the land division and development of single-family residential properties pursuant to recently enacted Senate Bill 9 (Government Code Sections 65852.21 and 66411.7).
5. Minutes from the December 16, 2021, Commission meeting
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS
Court Challenges: If you challenge the matter(s) described above in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this Notice, or in written correspondence delivered at, or prior to the above referenced public hearing [Govt. Code section 65009(b)].
If an item is continued to a date certain, it is the responsibility of interested parties to note the new meeting date. Notices will not be sent out for items continued to a specific hearing date.
Accommodation: If you need accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting due to a disability, please contact the Town Clerk at (415) 453-1584 a minimum of 48 hours prior to the meeting.