7:00 pm Fairfax Women’s Club
Fairfax Women's Club - 46 Park Road, Fairfax 94930
PUBLIC HEARING AGENDA
7:00 PM, THURSDAY DECEMBER 20, 2018
FAIRFAX WOMEN’S CLUB, 46 PARK ROAD, FAIRFAX, CA
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The Chair shall maintain order at the meetings in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Commission has the responsibility to be a model of respectful behavior in order to encourage community participation and citizen input at Commission meetings. The Commission and the audience are expected to refrain from using profane language and/or ridiculing the character or motive of Commission members, staff, or members of the public and to maintain the standards of tolerance and civility.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
Anyone wishing to address the Commission on matters not on the agenda, but within the jurisdiction of the Commission, may do so now. Please state the matter on which you wish to speak. Matters not appearing on the Commission’s agenda will not receive action at this meeting but may be referred to staff for a future meeting. Presentations will be limited to three minutes, or as otherwise established by the Commission Chair. Persons are not required to give their name or address, but it is helpful for speakers to state their name for the record and whether or not they are a Fairfax Resident in order that the Secretary may identify them.
There are no items scheduled for the consent calendar.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
1. Continued discussion/consideration of an ordinance to permit and regulate adult cannabis businesses in conformance with State Laws and Regulations pursuant to the Medicinal and Adult-Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act; Exempt from CEQA pursuant to Sections 15061(b)(3), 15301, 15305 and 15183 of the CEQA Guidelines as separate and independent bases. (Manager Toy/Planning Director Berto)
2. 407 Cascade Drive: Application # 18-21
Request for Design Review and Use Permit for a new, 2-story, 3-bedroom, 2½ bath, 2,255 square-foot residence with an attached 500 square-foot garage on a level 6,362 square-foot vacant lot. Application has been redesigned to reduce total square footage 200 square feet from the previous 2,425 square foot residence and 530 square foot garage. The maximum height of the building has also been reduced by 1 foot 9 inches, from 28 feet six inches to 26 feet 9 inches. Continued from November 20 2018 Planning Commission meeting. Assessor’s Parcel 003-044-09, Residential R6 Zone District; Shawn and Allison Madden, owners/applicants; CEQA categorically exempt, § 15301. (Planning Director Berto)
3. Resolution transmitting the Planning Commission’s comments on the Ordinance consolidating Titles 19 and 20 of the Fairfax Municipal Code relating to Telecommunications Facilities establishing comprehensive regulations for wireless telecommunications facilities in Town, including standards, application requirements, permitting process and location and configuration preferences; CEQA exempt, section 15050(c)(2), 15378, 15061(b)(3), 15303 and 15305. (Manager Toy)
4. 6 Fawn Ridge Road; Application # 18-22
Request for a Ridgeline Scenic Corridor Permit for a 924 square-foot roof deck addition to an existing single-family residence that has been issued a permit for a remodel and an Accessory Dwelling Unit; Assessor’s Parcel No. 002-052-10; Residential Single-family RS-6 Zone District; Rich Rushton, architect/applicant; Elliott Fisher and Nancy Cochran, owners; CEQA categorically exempt, 15301(e). (Principal Planner Neal)
5. Continued consideration of a draft Ordinance amending the text of the Fairfax Zoning Ordinance, Town Code Title 17, Chapter 17.112, PDD Planned Development District Zone, pertaining to development standards and submittal procedures; CEQA exempt, sections 15305 and 15183. Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 001-160-01, 02 and 03, 001-183-18, 001-271-14 and 16, 174-050-60, 174-060-21 and 25, 174-111-all parcels, 174-112-all parcels and 174-060-15, 23 and 24.
There are no discussion items scheduled for this meeting.
6. Minutes from the October 18, November 15, and November 29, 2018 meetings.
ELECTION OF NEW CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR FOR 2019
PLANNING DIRECTOR’S REPORT
COMMISSIONER COMMENTS AND REQUESTS