Camp Counselor positions: Camp Fairfax 2019
Camp Fairfax is a three week day camp program offered in the Town of Fairfax, California. This camp runs for one-week sessions starting on July 29 – August 16. The camp runs from 10am-4pm daily with extended care options offered in the AM and PM (8am-6pm). This recruitment is for Camp Counselor positions. Previous experience working with school aged youth in a recreational or educational setting is highly desired. CPR certification is mandatory. All positions will serve as independent contractors and will be required to be fingerprinted prior to employment.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject heading, please indicate the camp position you are applying for this summer.
Camp Counselors: Directs group of 10-15 youth in a manner that promotes safe behaviors and improves the quality of the youth’s interaction with one another. Counselors will work with Camp Director to develop weekly program plan. Camp Counselors will also:
- Attends pre-camp training with all staff
- Assist with registration, daily sign in and sign out, make sure camp schedule is followed.
- Actively participate in all activities with their groups, making camp fun for their campers, teaching skills, providing encouragement and support, etc
- Serves as a role model to youth by demonstrating high standards of personal and professional conduct
- Supervises and guides volunteer staff assigned to group
- Responsible for campers’ safety
- Reports any accident to program camp personnel
- Takes accurate attendance of campers daily
- Is attentive to and follows administrative notices defining camp procedures and routines.
- Interest in working with youth (experience working with youth highly desirable)
- Organizational skills including prioritizing, multi-tasking and task completion
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills including initiating active involvement with all campers and conflict resolution
- Shifts: Counselors will be required to work either a 8am – 4pm shift or a 10am – 6pm shift, depending on the extended care needs. Camp Counselors will work a 40 hour work week. Counselors will work up to 8-10 hours during the week of July 22, 2019 to prepare for camp activities.
Pay: $12-$14/hr D.O.E