Camp Fairfax Director
Camp Fairfax is a three week day camp program offered in the Town of Fairfax, California. This camp runs for one-week sessions starting on July 29 – August 16. The camp runs from 10am-4pm daily with extended care options offered in the AM and PM (8am-6pm). This recruitment is for one Camp Director position. Previous experience working with school aged youth in a recreational, educational or environmental setting is highly desired. CPR certification is mandatory. All positions will serve as independent contractors and will be required to be fingerprinted prior to employment.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
In the subject heading, please indicate the camp position you are applying for this summer.
Camp Director: The Camp Director is responsible for all aspects of the program. The Director will supervise paid and volunteer staff, develop camp activities, obtain needed supplies and equipment, interface with parents and program supervisors including Town staff. The Camp Director will report directly to the Fairfax Recreation and Community Services Manager.
- Work with Recreation Manager in planning process of the camp (pre-planning work begin in late spring and week before camp starts)
- Interview, train and supervise camp counselors and C.I.T’s (Counselors in Training)
- Organize and lead weekly pre-camp trainings and meetings
- Oversee daily camp activity schedule making adjustments as necessary, and communicate daily plans with camp counselors and recreation manager.
- Insure care, safety, and security of all campers and staff.
- Experience working with youth in a natural outdoor environment
- Must have at least one year experience in supervisory position
- Comfortable working with parents and families from diverse backgrounds and needs
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- CPR training (First aid preferred)
- Must pass background check
- Must be available to work 9am – 5pm schedule during end of July – August 2019.
Pay: $18-$22/hr D.O.E