Council Goals for 2021 (not in order of priority)
- Adopt updated Climate Action Plan and consider implementation of the top priorities.
- Support the RESJ to complete its work, evaluate the recommendations of the RESJ and PPPSA, and discuss/consider the implementation of the recommendations.
- Begin process to update the Housing Element and related General Plan elements with a robust public outreach and education process to inform the community of the policy challenges the Town will be facing (e.g., regional housing needs allocation)
- Hire a DPW Director or agree to a share services model to provide similar services
- Begin construction of Pavilion seismic retrofit project
- Continue to repair sidewalks downtown
- Establish Community Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Explore uses for outdoor public spaces downtown, including connecting the East and West sides of downtown
- Finalize and implement a Tree Maintenance Plan
- Continue pedestrian trail improvements
- Adopt a short-term rental ordinance
- Explore prohibition on new gas stations